If you’re like me, lack of consistent sleep is the main culprit. They can also be inherited and notoriously difficult to get rid of.
1. Tea time. Steep some caffeinated tea bags for a few minutes then cool them off in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. Place them over closed eyes for 20-30 minutes. This really will help! Bonus – caffeine’s got some powerful antioxidants that can protect your skin from UV rays and increase blood flow!
2. Need a quicker fix? Nothing beats an old fashioned cold compress. Don’t have a fancy eye mask in your freezer? No problem, grab some frozen veggies or even a chilled spoon. They will all do the trick. Just wrap your cold item in a soft cloth to protect your skin. Sliced cold cucumbers can go directly over your eyes. Only takes a few minutes to see an improvement.
3. Try sleeping on your back (that is if you can fall asleep-I will get to that).
4. Add another pillow under your head and make sure it’s in a silk pillowcase. Helps in the prevention of creating wrinkles while you sleep.
5. Not sleeping? Join the club. Avoid caffeine as long as possible before bed, turn off all of your devices and don’t look at them at least a half an hour before you want to go to sleep. If you’re constantly waking up an hour or two early, try getting up and starting your day sooner. You can get so much done while the rest of the world sleeps. It’s generally much quieter and there are fewer demands or distractions. This is my most productive time of the day. Best news is I’m generally more tired when it comes time to go to bed and it’s easier for me to fall and stay asleep.
6. Drink up! Being dehydrated can make your under eye circles even worse. Whether you like water, tea, sparkling water, fruit water, just make sure to get around 9 cups a day. (No, alcohol doesn’t count, it can actually make your bags worse).
7. (Of course) Quit smoking & wear sunscreen.
8. Make sure to gently remove all of you make-up each and every night before bed. When you sleep in your made up face, your skin is exposed to free radicals which can lead to oxidative stress and premature aging of your skin.
Our founder, Jacqueline Journey, is a 51 year-old award-winning producer & actress who has never had Botox or fillers, so what you see are real results. She is devoted to embracing and celebrating our ages, experience, and individuality. “We are stronger, smarter and more beautiful than we’ve ever been, and the best is yet to come. It’s time to feel great about ourselves, and I think that begins with skincare. When you feel great, you look great. You are more confident, you are unstoppable.”Learn More